Monday, July 20, 2009
Kids Toys
I think my baby is bored. Or at least bored of her same old toys. I know that some people think that babies are content to play with pots and pans and spoons and stuff like that, but Mady is seriously sick of those things. She'll play with a wooden spoon and bucket for maybe 10 minutes before she's crawling off to explore new realms. However, we went to a birthday part on Saturday and Mady got to play with some new toys and she really enjoyed them. A particular favourite were these colourful nesting cups and a ring stacker toy. She also loved crawling through a fabric tunnel that our friends had for their daughter. My friends also had this beautiful sandbox with an attached picnic table and umbrella, so the kids can stay out of direct sun as they play. I WANT these toys! I mean, I have the backyard to support having bulkier, larger toys out there, and I'd like to get Mady out there in the fresh air. But it's no fun to just sit there and eat grass - Mady needs some activity to keep her attention. So, I'm thinking that I'm going to check out IKEA, Once Upon a Child, Toys R Us, and Zellers to see if I can find some interesting summertime toys for Mady to play with. I'd like to get Mady a turtle pool like I had as a child - if the weather could just get nice, a pool would make some sense. I know they have them at Toys R Us. It is almost the end of the summer, but I still feel like there might be some nice days left. She is starting daycare on August 17th, so there will be no need for outdoor summer toys anymore by then, and that's only a month away. And we're going away from August 1st-5th so she won't need toys then either... I really should have gone out and bought a few things in June. Oh well, you live you learn...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment