As small as my parents' house is (950 sq.ft.) Mady and I are very much enjoying out time here! Mom and Dad bought a Graco Pack & Play for Mady to sleep in, instead of a crib, and another exersaucer for Mady to play in. Mom figured that the Pack & Play would be a great option because it can be easily folded and stored until needed, where a crib needs to be assembled/disassembled and that's cumbersome. Mady's sleeping pattern is a bit disturbed, but she's still napping and sleeping well overall. She just can't decide if she's on New Brunswick time or Ontario time!
I brought Mady's BebePod chair to feed her in because I couldn't justify having my parents buy a new high chair. So we sit her on the dining room table and feed her and then she plays with the toy that hooks to the tray. My mom is convinced that Mady will fall off the table if we leave her for one second! Maybe a high chair would have been a better idea... :)Dad had also gone to Zellers to get a little bathtub for Mady - my mother is disabled and they don't actually have a tub, just a shower stall with a seat in it. So we really needed a tub for Mady. Anyway, they got this little white one and a little sling... I had told them that it would not be appropriate for Mady since she's huge and squirmy. So yesterday, I was up at Zellers again and noticed this blue infant/toddler bathtub that can fit in a sink too. It was $25 but I got it anyway, thinking that my parents could store that too for future visits. My mom was ecstatic when she saw that it could fit in the sink because she could help bathe the baby! So last night, she got all set up in the kitchen and got to give Mady her first "sink bath" and Mom really enjoyed it! Dad helped out too and Mady was so delighted to be able to sit up straight in the tub, instead of lying down. She had all her toys floating around her and splashed water all over the place! But the $25 I spent made my mother so happy, so it was well worth it!
So I actually extended my trip for 5 more days! Steve didn't mind as he's quite busy at work and we have another open house (which is so stressful, especially with a baby and dog) on Sunday. My father is getting a cyst removed on Monday, and I want to be here in case he's not well enough to help out Mom. Mady's well-adjusted and my parents are glad for the company. And they never get to see her, so all good reasons to stay for awhile longer. It's easy to forget how nice it is to come home, and it is a less exciting place to be. But it's home and it's always good to be here. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment