Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Flying With Mady!
So Mady and I flew to NB on Saturday and we had a GREAT trip! We're still here but the traveling part went quite well. I got up at 5am to start getting ready and got Mady up at 6am, a full two hours before she normally wakes up, and we got on the road to the airport by 6:45am. She slept in the car on the way to the airport and Steve and I had coffees and conversation. When we got to the airport, I put her in her stroller, got our boarding passes, and fed Mady her breakfast. Then we went over to security. I was a bit worried because I had all kinds of stuff in the diaper bag - no liquids more than 100mL of course - and I was scared they'd make me toss stuff out. But they didn't. I started going through the security gate without saying goodbye to Steve though... he had to call out to me to come back and give him a kiss goodbye! Anyway, we went through security without a problem and went straight to the gate as it was nearly time to board by then. We were the first ones on the plane and we didn't have anyone sitting next to us, thank goodness! Mady played with the tray on the seat in front of us and watched some cartoons. She had some formula and some rice puffs. She didn't cry once! Well, that's a lie - she cried when I changed her in the lavatory because it was small and scary and the plane dipped and I smashed my head! But she didn't fuss at all when we were seated. She was fine during landing and take-off. We got the rental car and installed the car seat and off we went for our 3.5 hour drive home. We stopped halfway there to have lunch at McDonalds. Mady slept most of the way home since she hadn't napped at all during the flight. Anyway, it was a great trip overall, and not as hard as I thought it would be to travel alone with an infant. I hope the flight back is just as great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment