Monday, March 15, 2010

March Break

This week I'm off on March Break and Steve also booked this week off in case we decided to go someplace at the last minute. But we're staying home, not going anywhere, and we're keeping Mady in daycare for the week. I feel a bit guilty about that, like I'm allowing someone else to take care of my child while I selfishly use the days to get stuff done for me.

Like, today Steve and I are going out for breakfast and then I'm going to a friend's house (who's also on March Break) to watch chick flicks while Steve stays home to play video games. In my mind, I feel like I deserve a break, but it should be a break from school, not a break from my daughter, who I only really see for a couple of hours a day during the week.

Realistically, I know that we would have to pay for the week even if Mady didn't attend, and that we want to save her week's vacation for the summer time, but it still makes me feel guilty and weird to know that my days are free and I'm not spending them with Mady. I could say that we're going to pick her up early, but she naps from 12-3 every day - so we can pick her up about 1.5 hours earlier than usual if we wanted to. I did schedule a live bunny photo shoot for this Friday, so she'll skip daycare that day and be with us, which I'm really looking forward to. Another thing is that it's much more fun for Mady to be with her friends all day as opposed to sitting around with me and Steve at home or running errands with us. So that eases the guilt a bit. But still, I feel weird and guilty and strange knowing that I'm home and Mady is with someone else. What kind of a mother am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment